Monday, July 26, 2021

Real Life Happened

 My goals went by the wayside last week. I had what seemed like totally realistic reasonable goals to write every day, but it just didn't happen. It's been almost a week. I know why this happened. I spent all day running after my toddler taking care of him and trying to engage with him and his toys and work on his development. By the time nap time came around, I was exhausted and frankly didn't even think about writing. Other things came up, such as running to the store while my husband stayed home in case the toddler woke up. 

Then I spent some quality time with my husband rather that write after bedtime in the evening, which I think was perfectly okay.

It makes me wonder if I need to revise my original goal. I also need to look at these three days when my child goes to daycare as days when I need to be as productive as possible. 

New goal: Read, revise, and post an old chapter every day. I think I can handle that, considering that I have at least an hour or two every day while my little one is napping, which I can easily quickly post an old chapter of my first book. I also can post a blog entry every day quickly enough. I need a better idea of what my focus should be for my blog posts. I have watched videos about writing before making posts and it takes so much longer than a post like this where I just reflect and write. Who is going to read this anyways? Just me, likely. But if you are here, what sorts of realistic goals for writing as a Momma of a toddler do you have? 

No comments:

Post a Comment