Monday, July 19, 2021

Getting back into the swing of things

Everyone who's crossed the line into parenthood understands what I am about to confess: It's been two years since I've really written anything, and even longer since I worked on this blog. My little boy is almost 22 months old, and I am finally ready to get back into the swing of this thing called writing.

I have a few goals: first to write every day. Even if it's just some revisions on my current work in progress, or if I pump out a whole chapter in one day, I will be satisfied. But every day is a lofty goal. When the school year starts back up, I will be back in the library at my elementary school, and my time I send writing might be limited to a quick check in on my blog. I think I could share funny anecdotes from my job fairly easily and I could also easily post chapters of my books on Hubpages and Wattpadd. These are two ways I can get some readers for my work, which will be important when I start self-publishing my fantasy series. And this counts as writing too!

My second goal is to finish my current book in progress, which is the fourth and final book in my Fragments of Alchemy series. I want to finish this book hopefully before the school year starts back up, so that I can focus on revisions during the school year. That gives me less than a month to work on this, and my toddler goes to daycare on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so hopefully I can write a lot on those days.

My next goal is to create some sort of a following for my writing. I am hoping to do this on Hubpages, Wattpad and my blog. But I am open to doing some researching on where else I can post my fiction and get followers. I'm willing to release my whole first book on these platforms to get people interested in the series.

My last goal is to get my books edited by a professional editor. I need to find a good editor that I know I can trust, in order to make the process as helpful to me as possible. Then I will begin the process of revising my books one final time before I self-publish them. 

At that point I will make some new goals, so for now, this is what I will focus on! In the meantime, look for me on Hubpages or Wattpad under the name ACSutliff, to check out my fantasy world. My first installment is already available here: Code Keeper Prologue 

No comments:

Post a Comment